Universal Supermicrometer® measures:
- Length standards
- External threads
- Plugs & pins
- Plain ring gages
- Dial, digital and test indicators
- Internal threads (per TPI/Pitch)
- Tapered pipe threads
- Your Precision Part
Features & Benefits of the Universal Supermicrometer®:
- Two models to choose from -
- Multi-axis (Model 504: U307000) - Measurement table includes swivel, center, tilt and elevation adjustments.
- Single-axis (Model 501: U307042) - Measurement table includes elevation adjustment.
- Mechanical and Thermal Stability – A rugged cast iron base and thermally stable composite materials insure repeatable and reproducible results
- Linear Encoder with Zero Abbe Offset – A high precision glass scale located along the measurement axis eliminates Abbe offset errors that reduce overall measurement uncertainty
- "Variable Attitude" Measurement Table – Vertical table adjustment is provided on all instruments. Multi-axis measurement table available on Model 504
- Variable Force – Ranging from -8 to +40 ozf
- Touch Screen Operator Interface – LCD touch screen computer can be positioned to accommodate each operator's needs
- GageCal® control software – Microsoft Windows® based software reduces data entry, eliminates transcription errors, and speeds up measurements of your digital Super Micrometer. GageCal automatically enters tolerances for rings, plugs, pins, threads (calculates pitch/major diameter) and flags out-of-tolerance conditions.
- Two Point Calibration – Mastering with two, NIST traceable blocks, allows continuous, accurate measurement over the full direct reading range. This provides significantly higher levels of productivity when compared to single point comparators.
- Flexible Fixturing – Pratt & Whitney's bid-directional probes (US Patent) and flat anvils are standard accessories. The bid-directional probes allow for both internal and external measurement without time consuming set-up changes. V-groove fixturing provides repeatable probe positioning.
- Auto Zero Mode - Allows measurements to be taken at great speed, increasing throughput, without compromising accuracy.
- Part Temperature Compensation - A sensor is provide to monitor the temperature of the specimen
- Dual Measurement - Switches between English and Metric units without recalibration
Click Here to View Product Information
||10 + 0.7 L Microinches (± 2 std dev)
||0.25 + 0.7 L / 1000 Microns (± 2 std dev)
||4 Microinches (± 2 std dev)
||0.1 Microns (± 2 std dev)
|Measurement Range Standard)
0 to 5 inches
1.0 to 11.5 inches
0 to 279 mm
0 to 27 mm
25 to 292 mm
|Direct Reading Range
2 to 40 ozf
2 to 8 ozf
57 to 1134 gf
57 to 226 gf